Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The New Polka Dot Pixels Creative Team Member

I got some really good news recently. I applied to be on a creative team for a digital scrapbooking design company called Polka Dot Pixels. What that means for those of you that aren't into digital scrapbooking is that I will get access to the scrapbooking kits that Emily designs before they go on sale, create layouts with the kit, and then post them to help her advertise and sell them. I was so excited when she asked me to be on her team. Many of her kits have a lot of vintage elements to them so they really appeal to me and go well with a lot of my heritage photos as well. So my blog will have some space devoted to showing off these layouts every week as well as what the current news from our family is. So I may be bringing back some pictures from the archives in order to get my assignments accomplished. I hope you will enjoy seeing them. Even if it means that you are seeing the pictures again in a new layout.

This week's release is called "Stitch in Time". The first layout features pictures of a vintage fashion show that I went to with our friend, Cindy, last year about this time. It was a really fun evening seeing all the beautiful old dresses, jewelry, hats and purses that each model brought out. And there was musical entertainment by Tony Starlight himself (the owner of the club that the show was at). He sang a lot of old Sinatra tunes and other songs from that era.

This layout is of my dad's aunt, Ruby. I have always loved this picture of her with such a fashionable outfit and hat. She owned a millinery shop in Elroy. Not sure if that is why she has such a fancy hat or if the picture was taken before that time but this is a real favorite of my heritage pictures of the Dodsworth family. And all these vintage sewing elements really work well with it.

This layout is actually of brand new pictures. My friend, Krystal, moved to Florida a few years ago and I miss her very much. After my surgery in December, she decided to make a quilt for me. She felt so badly for being so far from me when I was feeling so poorly. It took her awhile to find someone to do the quilting and to finish it but I got it in the mail a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. She picked the fabrics because they remind her of me and the colors I wear. And the tag she sewed onto the back of the quilt is so sweet as well. It reads: "Presented to my good friend, Shannon Roller, March 2011. I am sending you this quilt so you can wrap yourself in hugs anytime you need one. Fondly, Krystal." Such a beautiful and precious gift. And a precious friend to put so much time, thought and love into such a beautiful gift for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment