Sunday, April 24, 2016

Horseshoe Cafe-Oldest Continuous Restaurant in Washington


In my last few weeks in Bellingham, I have learned a little more about the history of the place and have been exploring a lot more than I had been previously.  I was in Bellingham again for work this weekend and decided I wanted to try out the Horseshoe Cafe.  It has been open since 1886 and is supposedly the oldest continuously running restaurant in Washington.  Chris had been a little negative on the place thinking it looked a little seedy from the outside.  Having been to the oldest restaurants in Denver and Portland, I wanted to at least give it a try.


It actually was pretty good.  It is pretty much a diner.  Serving breakfast all day and is open from 0730-2300 at night.  Has a bar as well.  We went for breakfast this morning.  Bill had a standard two egg breakfast with hash browns, sausage and toast.  Chris had the chicken fried chicken, two eggs, hash browns and toast and I had a breakfast sandwich on yummy french bread with garlic mayo.  It was reasonably priced and while not real classy, it was not a dive anyway.

It was worth the stop to say I have eaten in the oldest restaurant in Washington anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment