Thursday, April 21, 2016

Tip-Toeing Through the Tulips


I have never been to the tulip fields in the Skagit Valley in all the times that we have driven through there.  A few times I have seen the long line of cars waiting to get off the freeway to go to them.  And definitely didn't want to get involved in that mess of traffic.  Suzi was surprised that I hadn't been yet so she encouraged me to go.  I tried to go on Wednesday on the way to Sedro Woolley and Bellingham for work but hadn't scoped out where they were and I couldn't find any signs pointing toward them when I got off the highway and drove through town.  So I finally gave up and just had lunch in Burlington while I waited for my appointment.

On Monday, I checked out some directions and decided to stop on the way home.  Unfortunately the weather has been pretty warm and both the tulip and daffodil fields were played out.  No more blossoms to see in the fields.  I don't know if I would have been able to see any on Wednesday or not but was a little disappointed that I missed seeing all the colorful fields that I was hoping to see.  But I did go to a display garden at Roozengaarde so it was fun wandering around there for a bit to take photos.  Lots of beautiful tulip gardens there to ooh and aah over.  And a view a Mt. Baker too.

Hopefully I can get up there sometime during the spring again to get the full experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment