Saturday, April 19, 2014

What a beautiful day!

As I write this, it is raining.  But last Sunday was the perfect day.  Absolutely gorgeous and sunny.  I decided not to waste it. 
The tulip festival was taking place in Woodland so I decided to go there and take some pictures.  I had tried to go once or twice in the past but went at the wrong time.  I was surprised at the number of varieties they had in their show garden.  As you can tell, I mostly favored the pink and purple ones based on the photos I took but there were ones of every color, pointy ones, furry looking ones.  It was pretty amazing.

After I left the tulip farm, I thought that it was much too nice of a day to just go back home.  Since I was in the area, I went to the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge to take some photos as well.  I have only been there one other time and the weather was kind of crappy.  It was a perfect day to take photos so I am so glad I went. 
I made two trips around the loop drive to try to catch things I might have missed the first time around. Glad I did as I got some great photos the second time around.  A heron flew right up next to me so I got several close ups of it.  Got some great turtle photos.  Closer pictures of an egret.  And a better sandpiper picture than I had the first time around.  I spent most of my time trying to capture the big birds--a couple of great blue herons and a couple of egrets.  But I got a few other pictures.  And saw more birds than I actually took pictures of.  I saw a bald eagle flying over me but impossible to take a picture of it.  Some day it would be great to get a photo of a bald eagle.  Love seeing them. 

So it was a pretty darn perfect day to be able to go on a photo expedition and get some pretty great photos to scrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment