Sunday, May 15, 2016

Rock Around the Clock-Prom 2016


I didn't think I was going to be home for Prom this year.  Bill made plans to go on his own but since I made it home--we went together and I am so glad I did.  It was SO much fun.  There were eight folks on the Prom Court raising money for the Vancouver Police Activities League.


Gary Bock and Jim Main were the emcees.  Kim Hash's daughter, Margaux, came as Marilyn Monroe and sang "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend."  They hired an Elvis cover to perform a couple of sets which was great.  There were people that went all out with their costumes with poodle skirts, letter jackets, greaser costumes, and more.


I loved Cara's whole outfit--especially her beehive hairdo and her glasses.  They had a bunch of contests for the best "twist", hand jive and limbo which were fun to participate in and watch.  No limbo for me with my back but a few of those women--including Margaux--were pretty impressive.  Congratulations to Sara Scheetz and Tyler Close for raising the most money for PAL and being crowned king and queen for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment