Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday

Bill and Cindy had been talking about getting together so we decided to have her and Jim come over for a Super Bowl party at our house.  I have never really thrown a Super Bowl party before.  So it was kind of fun planning the menu.  And I had to get a little creative to accommodate Cindy's gluten intolerance but she was so appreciative that I went out of my way to make sure she could eat some cornbread and cookies.  She asked to take some cookies home with her because she hadn't had any in so long.

I, of course, supported my own team even though they weren't in the Super Bowl by wearing my Packer gear and using my Packer chip and dip set.  Normally I would have been very interested in watching the game but hosting the party actually made that a little bit difficult.  So I didn't get to see very much of the game or the commercials.  But I got to visit with Cindy which I hadn't been able to do in quite awhile so it was a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon and evening.

Chris had an interesting spin to his Super Bowl Sunday.  He doesn't like football at all.  He recently got a new debit card and it has the 49ers on it.  He was so upset because they automatically gave him a card with a football team on it and he doesn't even like football--much less that they assume he like the 49ers even if he did.  He kept posting on Facebook that he needed to rout for the Niners because they were on his debit card and that he didn't want to face all the "sorry your team didn't win" comments when he used his card.  So at the end of the game, he said--"Better stock up on cash."  Too funny that guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment