Friday, October 5, 2012

Fall Foliage in Wisconsin

 Bill and I traveled to Wisconsin last week for vacation.  We spent a couple of days in Wausau with my family there.  Got to see almost everyone there at least for a short time.  Knowing how much Bill likes to hike, Tracy suggested that he hike up Rib Mountain.  I can't remember the last time I was on Rib Mountain.  I am sure Aunty Carolyn took us up at some point as kids but it has definitely been a long time ago.  So a few of the group--Tim, Tracy, Dave, Dane and Bill hiked up while the rest of us drove up.  Being able to see for miles and miles and see God's beautiful palette of fall colors from up there was wonderful.  We were in Wisconsin at just the right time to enjoy the colors.
The kids enjoyed climbing on the rocks on top.  And most of us got to the top of the observation tower to get a better look too.  I decided I could hike down the hill so I joined Tim and Tracy on the way down to visit a little bit before we headed back to Tomah.

Always fun to see my aunts and cousins.  Had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Pretty spectacular colors and photos... looks like you had a great time with family! I'm heading to New England tomorrow for the weekend, I hope I get some good fall colors while I'm there, looking at your pretty pictures makes me anxious to get on the road!

    ReplyDelete