Sunday, September 23, 2012

Shannon Five-0

 I decided that I was not going to stress over turning 50 this year.  I was going to embrace it and decided that I wanted to do a bigger than usual party and celebrate with some of our friends.  I planned a Hawaii Five-0 themed party.  A friend threw one for her husband last year and I thought it was a great idea.  I love Hawaii Five-0 and what a fun way to celebrate your 50th.

My birthday was actually on Thursday but we celebrated on Saturday.  Since it was my friend Denise's birthday on Saturday, I decided to include her in my celebration and put her name on the cake.  The bar even gave us Birthday Cake shots to down together. 

 We had dinner at Tommy O's--a Hawaiian restaurant in downtown Vancouver.  I didn't do a whole lot of decorating, but I did buy leis for everyone and put some crime scene tape on the table to carry out the theme a little bit.  I invited the people who have been a part of our lives almost as long as we have lived here.  I have never celebrated my birthday with this big of a party before.  Usually just with one or two girlfriends for dinner one night and with the family.  But it was actually really fun.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! And it looks like you had a lot of fun :)

    Great layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea... love the 5-0 theme! (And I love the show too!) Hope your birthday was awesome, it sure looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete