Thursday, July 26, 2012

Concerts in the Park



There is always so much to see and do in the summer here.  One of the great parts about summer in Vancouver is that the city puts on free concerts at Esther Short Park--Wednesday at noon and Thursday at six.  They also have some movies in the park on Friday nights too.  Bill and I went to four Thursday night concerts as part of a fundraiser for the Children's Center last year that was held in conjunction with these free concerts.  This year--Bill and I went to the first one which was Abbey Road.  I know that they have been at the East Fork Winery a lot but we have never seen them perform before.  It was fun to go listen to those old Beatles songs that night.

A week ago, I didn't have to work until the evening shift so I invited my friend from work, Jill, to go with me to hear Justin Klump sing.  He is a member of Chris' church and is active with the youth group there so all the interns from church went to hear him sing as well.  He is a folk singer and I had never heard him sing his own music before so I was really interested to hear him.  Apparently he is getting ready to move to Nashville.  Chris was funny because he said that they are disappointed that he was leaving to "live out his dream."  I had to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment