Friday, November 11, 2011

An Evening with John and Caprial

I have to admit--until recently I had never heard of John and Caprial Pence. That probably shocks those people who love to watch cooking shows. But I never had seen their show. One of my co-workers has gone to several of their classes and has talked about them a lot. It has surprised me how many people actually know who they are because I had never heard of them.

But they live here in the Portland area and used to have a restaurant here. Alex invited the nursing informatics team to go with them to the class last night-an Italian celebration dinner. Laura and her husband came with us as well. It was fun to watch them cook and explain how to make your own pasta and ricotta cheese and everything else that they were making. They had lots of tips for making radicchio less bitter, making less lump sauces and things like that as well. The dishes were fabulous. But so rich. I was so so full for hours after we left.

It was fun to have a little brush with celebrities for an evening.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun evening...and the food sounds like it was delicious! The LO is great, too...really highlights to evening's activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lorell, sounds like a wonderful evening to experience and share with us through your page.

    ReplyDelete