Saturday, July 17, 2010

Soldiers' Bivouac


After the rabbit show, I went down to Officer's Row to see the Soldiers' Bivouac that is going on this weekend. I went last year and enjoyed it so much. I didn't take pictures this year but am sharing the ones that I took last year. The displays are fascinating and only begin to help one realize what life as a soldier was like back in those time. I'm still waiting to see a 1860's baseball game. There is one tonight between the 1st Oregon Volunteers and the Vancouver Occidentals but we have been invited to a birthday party tonight so can't go again. They play by 1860 rules which includes underhand pitches, the batter telling the pitcher where to throw it, and the fielders playing without gloves. Would be interesting to see it sometime. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment