Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Off To The Races


Bill and I were invited to attend a Boys and Girls Club fundraiser.  It was a Triple Crown Derby themed party which was held at the home of Bill and Sandee Kirkwood--the owners of Big Al's.  It was a lot of fun.  Their home is set in Ridgefield with a beautiful view of Mt. St. Helens.  And their home is spectacular.  I only saw a bit of it walking through the living room to get to the party being held on the grounds behind the house--but it was out of this world beautiful.

The Kirkwoods own racing horses so it was the perfect place to hold a Derby themed party.  Everyone was encouraged to wear their best derby hat and there were some pretty amazing ones.  I got my hat very last minute--just hours before the party but I found the a great "Four Weddings and a Funeral" hat that I thought was perfect for the party.  Two of their mares and their nursing colts were out on the paddock for us to admire and pet.  That was great fun to see them.  And they had a trumpeter to start the activities as if they were starting a race.

The tables were decorated with the theme of the three races in the Triple Crown.  We were at a Preakness table with Buckeyed Susans for our centerpiece.  The food was fabulous--a truly gourmet buffet put on by three different chefs from three different restaurants.

It was a fun evening and a lot of money was raised on behalf of the children.  It always amazes me with all the fundraisers that Bill and I attend that there is so much generosity in our community for so many different causes.  Makes me proud to be part of such a generous community.

No comments:

Post a Comment