Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Lincoln City Weekend


I've been itching to go to Lincoln City for awhile now.  I think going to Cannon Beach with Tom over Labor Day weekend started it.  Gave me a taste of being at the beach but we weren't able to be there for very long.  With our anniversary this week, I thought it might be nice to go.  Even if the weather wasn't great, it would be a nice little getaway.  When we were at the beach during a bad storm several years ago, it was fun to watch the ocean from our room in that wild state.  I knew no matter what the weather was, we would enjoy it.


Even though there were some awesome off-season deals to be had, I splurged a little bit and got a room right on the beach at the Best Western Motel.  There is something about watching the ocean that is so fascinating and mesmerizing.  I can just sit and watch it all day long and being able to do it from one's hotel room is so worth it.

As luck would have it, it did rain a fair amount.  Bill wanted to stop at Spirit Mountain on the way there for lunch.  He had been there once on a tour but I had never stopped before.  Once we got to Lincoln City, we went shopping at the outlet malls for a short time before we went to see if we could check into our room.  Bill needed to buy some clothes.  Having lost all that weight, we have had to start buying clothes so that he has things that actually fit him.  Luckily it stopped raining about that time so I went out to enjoy a walk on the beach.  I climbed around on the rocks a bit hoping to see some starfish.  No luck on the starfish but I did see a few hermit crabs and some anemone-at least that is what I think they are called.  It started raining again as I headed back to the room but was thankful to get some actual time on the beach to explore and take photos.  We got to see an awesome sunset before we walked down to Kyllos for dinner.  We both had the crab stuffed halibut and prawns for dinner and peanut butter pie for dessert.  Awesome anniversary dinner.

We had to head back toward Portland relatively early as we had made plans with friends in Aurora (that will be another post).  We soaked in our last few moments with the beach and got to see a double rainbow before we left.

Bill wasn't sure why I wanted to go (he indulged me) but having been there, he is now thinking we might need another winter getaway to the beach in a few months.  We'll see.  It was a nice trip to spend some time together and celebrate our anniversary though.

No comments:

Post a Comment