Saturday, October 14, 2017

Meeting Tucker


My dear friend from my Army days had a grandson in May.  This last weekend was the first opportunity to go see him.  He was so sweet and cute.  I haven't held a baby in a long time so it was fun to play with him and read to him.  I am in no hurry to have grandchildren by any means but it is nice to have access to a baby every once in a while.


Suzi, Terry, Timothy, Sam, Tucker and I all went to the zoo together in the afternoon.  We drove around the five mile loop around Point Defiance before heading to the zoo.  I hadn't been there since I lived there more than 30 years ago and definitely don't remember much about it.  We must have seen at least 15 raccoons along the drive.  They hear cars and come up to the road hoping for people to feed them I guess.  I thought those critters were nocturnal so that surprised me that they were out during the day.

I don't ever remember going to the zoo.  It is not very big but it is nice.  The aquarium in particular is wonderful.  It amazed me how Tucker could follow the fish and animals if they were close enough to him at four months old already.  Suzi tried to get him up close to see the goats but one got in his face so he got scared and we had a hard time getting him calmed down. Wondering if we have scarred him for life now.

We all went back to Suzi and Terry's house to have dinner together too.  And Tucker got to sit up at the table.  His doctor wanted him to start out on some veggies so it was his first time eating anything other than formula.  He seemed to like the carrots and did really good for his first time.

Always good to see my buddy Suzi.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment