Sunday, September 18, 2016

Tale of Two Hikes

Chris came home for a weekend in July to spend some time with us.  Bill wanted to go hiking with him and they decided to do Dog Mountain.  Not wanting to be left behind, I went along for the drive.  I dropped them off at the trailhead for Dog Mountain and headed over to Oregon.
Bill always starts his Mosier Twin Tunnel hike on the west end of the trail so on the times that I went, I would hike as far as I could but I could never get to the tunnels to see them.  I decided since I was on my own, I would start on from the east trailhead so I could make it to the tunnels.  I enjoyed being able to see them and take some photos of them.  After I got back to the car, I drove on the Columbia River Historic Highway to The Dalles and took some pictures from Rowena Crest.  The views on that side of the gorge are so much drier and rockier.  The guys took their own photos from their hike as well.  The views on each side of the gorge are so different.  Hence me calling this the "Tale of Two Hikes."

We had the usual lunch at the Big River Grill and stopped to get some beer from Walking Man before we headed back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment