Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Celebrating Motherhood-Mom Upside Down Spells Wow

In trying to come up with a catchy scrapbooking title for Mother's Day and something other than the generic "Celebrate", I came across "Mom Upside Down Spells Wow."  Kind of catchy and I would like to think that my family thinks I have done some "wow worthy" things over my 25 years of being a mother.

It was a bit of a bittersweet Mother's Day for me.  As always, I miss that I don't have my mom around to honor.  But this was the first time in 25 years that I haven't had at least one of my sons with me to help me celebrate.  Bill and I celebrated with Beverly though and had a lovely day.

We took Beverly to church in the morning.  Then the plan was to go out for breakfast.  Originally we thought about going to our flying club for brunch but the price was pretty expensive and there was no way the three of us would eat $75 worth of food--especially Bev and me.  So then the plan was to try one of our usual breakfast hangouts but of course, there was a big wait at several restaurants that we went to and Beverly wasn't in the best shape to do any waiting.  So we ended up getting takeout huevos rancheros at Mucho Gracias and called it good.  Really tasty and fed the three of us for $11--a source of pride for Mr. Roller.

I spent the afternoon enjoying sappy Hallmark Channel movies and making corned beef and cabbage for dinner.  Not your typical Mother's Day menu I suppose but I like it a lot so I was happy.  Didn't think about it until later that maybe I shouldn't like it so much since I have high blood pressure now.  So thinking it will have to wait until next St. Patty's Day before I make it again.

So the weather was beautiful, I enjoyed relaxing, talked to my sons on the phone and had some great meals with people that I love.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment