Saturday, November 6, 2010

Veteran's Day


In honor of Veteran's Day, I thought I would post a picture of my nephew, Rhys. He is very into World War II at the moment and dressed up as a B-17 pilot for Halloween this year. The Smith family is always very creative with their costumes and this was a wonderful one as well.

Today is the big Vancouver Veteran's Day celebration and parade. Bill and I usually go to it but we went an Army-Air Force football game party instead. Unfortunately it was a very painful game to watch with Army losing by 20 points.

As we approach Veteran's Day I would like to tell all my family and friends who have served and are still serving, thank you for your service. I am proud of my service but am so thankful that I never had to serve during a wartime situation. It is with great admiration and gratitude that I thank those who did make that incredible sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment